Transinclusive Emergency Crisis Fund/ Mutual Aid
TIG recognizes that there is a critical need for emergency assistance among the Transgender population. Therefore, the Transinclusive Emergency Crisis Fund (TECF) was established in 2019. This program is uniquely tailored to provide Transgender/ Gender non-conforming individuals with immediate assistance in their time of need. All clients will undergo a interviewing process to determine the severity of their need for the TECF program.
Photo ID required (does not have to match your preferred name)
WHO IS ELIGIBLE
- You must identify as transgender (FTM, MTF, non-binary, genderqueer and gender non-conforming.
- You must live in Dade, Broward or Palm Beach Counties.
HOW DOES IT WORK
- Complete the online application (link below)
- A staff member will contact you within 72 hours to schedule a phone and/ or online interview.
- Assistance will be provided within 24 hours after interview (unless hotel emergency).
- If you are approved we will send payment immediately via Pay Pal, Cash App, Venmo and Zelle.
HOW THE FUNDS CAN BE USED
TIG’s tailored services decrease barriers to healthcare, increase the availability, accessibility to essential support services that are crucial to improving the overall quality of life for transgender and gender non-conforming individuals.
- Financial assistance for prescription drug cost;
- Lab cost for Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT);
- Transportation assistance e.g. Bus Passes, UBER and LYFT to medical appointments and work as needed.
- Food Vouchers,
- Utility payment assistance (supporting documents required)
- Rent Assistance (supporting documents required)
- Temporary housing inclusive of limited hotel accommodations.
- We provide technical assistance and financial support with gender affirming documents, such as Name and Gender Marker change, assistance with updating Birth Certificates, Social Security Cards and other related documents.
Services are for Transgender and Gender non-conforming individuals ONLY. Transinclusive Group, Inc. reserve all rights to approve or deny for any reason. TECF does not discriminate on basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex.