Transinclusive Emergency Crisis Fund/ Mutual Aid
To help address the critical need for emergency assistance for South Florida’s transgender community, we established the Transinclusive Emergency Crisis Fund (TECF) in 2019, and have been able to provide financial assistance to numerous individuals, particularly during the height of COVID-19. This program is uniquely tailored to provide Transgender/ Nonbinary/Gender Diverse individuals with limited financial assistance and resource linkage to assist them during. All clients applying for limited emergency assistance will undergo an interview process to determine their individual needs and identify how the TECF program may be able to provide assistance.
Please note that while community need is high, our ability to provide direct financial assistance through the Crisis Fund is limited and donor supported. TECF applications will be reviewed on a first come, first serve basis and assistance will be distributed based upon current funding availability and individual need.
Photo ID required (does not have to match your chosen name)
WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
- You must identify as transgender (transfeminine, transmasculine, non-binary, gender diverse, genderqueer, gender non-conforming, etc.)
- You must currently live in Dade, Broward or Palm Beach Counties.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
- Applicants must complete the online application (link below)
- A staff member will contact you to schedule a virtual interview and request supporting documents.
HOW CAN THE FUNDS CAN BE USED?
- Limited financial assistance for prescription drug costs & lab costs for Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT)
- Limited transportation assistance e.g. Bus Passes, LYFT to medical appointments and work as needed
- Food Vouchers
- Limited utility payment assistance (supporting documents required)
- Limited rent/temporary housing assistance (supporting documents required)
- We are able to provide technical assistance and limited financial support with gender affirming documents, such as Name and Gender Marker change, assistance with updating Birth Certificates, Social Security Cards and other related documents.
Services are for Transgender, Nonbinary, and Gender Diverse identifying individuals ONLY. Transinclusive Group reserves all rights to approve or deny for any reason. TECF does not discriminate on basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex.